Monday, April 19, 2010

A special thanks... and Lake Como

I want to send a special note to my friend, Dana. I miss you!!!!

Dana came out to visit me the week of Easter. An emergency project at work took me away from my vacation and in the office for 15 -20 hour days. Dana continued on our adventure by herself and had an amazing time...

Dana - so sorry I missed most of our time together but promise to make it up to you!!

We did squeeze in a couple days of fun. Below is our trip to Lake Como. No sighting of George Clooney - but the natural views of Como and Bellagio were more than enough for me ... can't speak for Dana though ;)!


Boat ride on our way to Bellagio!















Bellagio - near the port














Ride back from Bellagio to Como













Boat ride from Como to Bellagio - I have no idea why these pics are so mixed up!!! sorry.













Dana and I on one of the many cobble stone stairways of Bellagio!












The BEST rissotto I've ever had and probably will ever have! Strawberry flavored with champagne! DELICIOUS!











Me... at the Bellagio port













Speaks for itself :)













Our first sight of Lake Como! Gorgeous!












DANA! At the Lake Como train station.













I think it is worth mentioning that Dana and I had exactly 14 minutes to get from the Lake Como port to the Lake Como train station in order to make our train. We ran (almost) the whole way there and made it with 4 minutes to spare. We arrive on the train platform to find out the train is going to be 20 minutes late... welcome to Italy.
Ciaooooo
Amore a tutti!
Jme

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jamie for hosting me and being able to have at least one day together!! We had a great time at Lake Como that day. You can't forget about the tre sorelle (3 sisters) that totally sold us on those leather handbags. Grazie mille mi amica!!! Ciao. dana

    ReplyDelete